PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams

+4
xoxCookieMonsterxox
Amanda102717
6_6_6_1_syn
Dr. Bri
8 posters

Go down

I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams Empty I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Alright, so I've loved acting since I was a baby. I used to have my grandmother tape me acting disney scense from like the little mermaid and stuff.
So I was super excited when I found a website that had auditons for Disney and other teens/pre-teens shows. I want to audition really bad so my dream can finaly come true.
But when I told my parents they just thought I was kidding, and they said that I should wait until I get out of college, but I'm afraid that by then it will be too late.
I dont want to end up living a boring life when I could be living the one I want.

They always say go chase your dreams but whenever i actually want to they dismiss it quickly like they dont care.

How can I talk to them about this? Its all Ive ever wanted to do in life and I feel like they dont want to listen.

Back to top Go down

I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams Empty Re: I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams

Post by Dr. Bri Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Wow. Easy.

Look, kiddo, you're parents know what's best. As lame and cliche as it sounds, it is 100% true. Not a lot of people make it in the acting field, and without a manager, you really don't have a huge chance, and I'm sure your parents know that. You have to start when you're younger to do stuff like that. I'm not saying that you won't have a chance, because it has happened, but I'm saying that it is unlikely. You have to know reality before you can get anywhere. I'm sure they do listen to you, but they just don't want to see you get your hopes up, only for them to fall. Like I said, you need experience, you need a manager, the willingness to travel, and money. It takes a lot of time and effort to even get your foot in the door. And you have to have a reason to want to something as big as that, you can't do it just because it looks like fun, or because you want to. It's not something you can change your mind about, you have to be set about it, you have to be very sure. I'm not saying that it will change, but you might want to do something else one day, so just leave that as an open door.
Listen to your parents, that's very important. But as important as that is, it's also very important for them to listen to you. Just talk to them, tell them how you feel. They're parents, and they may just think that this could be a pipe dream ,and it very well could be. You're only 14, you have a long while yet to pursue any dream you like. Just talk to them, I'm sure they''ll understand.
I wish you the best of luck! Dreams are good, but you always have to know the path back to reality.
Again, good luck. =]

Dr. Bri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1590
Hobbies : Living.
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams Empty Re: I dont think my parents want me to chase my dreams

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:57 pm

SO Bri, your my official hero. Thats good stuff there....

Back to top Go down

Post by 6_6_6_1_syn Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Yeah that's definitely the best advice I've ever seen/heard.
6_6_6_1_syn
6_6_6_1_syn
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Male
Number of posts : 341
Hobbies : Music, guitar, bass, drums, piano/keyboard, recording, meh bands, shows, just chilling.
Registration date : 2007-05-17

http://myspace.com/6_6_6_1_syn

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:36 pm

OMJ! I KNow WHAT U MEAN!

but now i think its probably better to chase them..when schools over, cuz then u have a HUGE schedule and your grades will slip and will probably get done with school late when u wanted to....so thats my plan,
when im older chase my dreams...and be a positive influence..
hope that helps!

we must tlk more ! we are too much alike!

-Amanda
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 754
Hobbies : Basketball
Registration date : 2006-11-22

http://www.myspace.com/hiddenbeauty93

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:27 pm

bri said it all
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female
Number of posts : 1839

Back to top Go down

Post by Freakshow Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Heh heh. Yeah.

COLLEGE ISN'T BORING.

It may be torture, but it's not boring. Razz
Freakshow
Freakshow
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Male
Number of posts : 1985
Hobbies : Anarchy and knitting.
Registration date : 2007-03-21

http://www.xanga.com/theworldsofficialcritic

Back to top Go down

Post by bluewaterlily Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:55 am

College will give you tons and tons of experience in just about anything, not just acting. But (to put it bluntly) I'm ashamed of how the other people in this thread seemed to be so quick at giving you a reality check and not so quick in considering your wishes. Reality checks are great and all, but they are also very good at killing enthusiasm.

I would analyze the whole dream first. If that is really something you know you want to do, then by all means, talk to your parents about it and try to do it! But if it's just something you feel like doing now, but not something you'd do 10 years from now, or something you want to do because all your friends are doing it, then I'd follow the advice of the other people in this thread.

Hope that wasn't too confusing. I can be too guru-like at times.
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Freakshow Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:44 pm

Plus, being a pre-teen superstar will make you end up like Britney Spears. Razz
Freakshow
Freakshow
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Male
Number of posts : 1985
Hobbies : Anarchy and knitting.
Registration date : 2007-03-21

http://www.xanga.com/theworldsofficialcritic

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:19 pm

^ i agree

and u can go to theratre college...then have more acting experience..thats what im thinking about doing
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by irish_jcfreak33 Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:59 pm

Just because Brittany Spears ended up bad doesn't mean that anyone else who takes up acting will end up like her. (no offense.) I personally think that you should go for it, and you might not make it this time, but you could make another time. Just keep trying. A lot of people ended up where they are in the acting business because it went to their head and because they wanted everyone to like them. Some people only go for the superstars who dress like Brittany Spears and stuff, but not everyone is like that (or, rather, you dont have to be. I don't think Corbin Bleu or Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale or Dylan and Cole Sprouse had it all when they first started. I think they went for their dreams and succeeded. And I think that's what you have to do. You can go to college at any age, but you don't have the chance to audition for something like that forever. Smile
irish_jcfreak33
irish_jcfreak33
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Female
Number of posts : 373
Hobbies : Awesomeball, JeremyP. xD uhm... youth group♥, reading magazines, and jellybeans... OOH OOH AND
Registration date : 2007-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:52 am

*cough* zac efron has a big head...meaning he just acts too good for anyone...
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by irish_jcfreak33 Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:06 pm

right, but I don't think they started out as big-time actors and actresses. He may have a big ego, but he didn't start out a huge superstar and then just get even more famous. He gradually grew famous.
irish_jcfreak33
irish_jcfreak33
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Female
Hobbies : Awesomeball, JeremyP. xD uhm... youth group♥, reading magazines, and jellybeans... OOH OOH AND

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:27 pm

UH, You missed an important detail. Her PARENTS said no.

Back to top Go down

Post by irish_jcfreak33 Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:50 pm

Yeah... I know, I had put another reply up here... It said that she needed to listen to her parents, because they know whats best for her, But I don't know what happened to it... strange and unusual..... yeah., You need to listen to your parents, they have an idea of what should happen because everyone, including adults, have and had dreams that may or may not have come true. If its in the cards, it will happen. If not, you have to let the cards play out, and do what your parents say. I am sure they have reasons for saying no.... *smailes slightly*
irish_jcfreak33
irish_jcfreak33
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:09 pm

I agree with Jackie

Very Happy
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by irish_jcfreak33 Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:16 pm

yeah... i know..... that would be the right thing to do....... her parents understand what is best for her.....
irish_jcfreak33
irish_jcfreak33
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:29 am

I hope I’m not too late for the advice column thing. But I am going to have to stick with you parents. Acting is great and all but your really need something to fall back on if your acting career dose not go so well. So that’s why you go to college and get a degree. You could even go to college for acting but I wouldn’t have that as a major unless you plan on being a drama teacher or something. Once you get out of college you can go to Broadway or something. That is always a good way to start out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 pm

West Chester, PA has an acting school.
Theres also LVPA in Lehigh Valley. They have acting school there too, but you need to be a resident in Lehigh Valley.
Nathan
Nathan
Super Poster
Super Poster

Male
Number of posts : 668
Hobbies : Being Sarcastic.
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 am

^ha yeah i heard about that..

Advice:
But keira i love you and you know that but maybe you and i can chase those dreams after college! so we 1.have somthing to fall back on
and 2. our parents aren't really in charge of us anymore..
and 3. we're of age to get married.
to Nick..
hahahahahaha!
and So Hollywood here we come
As Ninjas! with black outfits! and big sunglasses..le duh!
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum