PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm unsure of where to put this

4 posters

Go down

I'm unsure of where to put this Empty I'm unsure of where to put this

Post by pitbulls Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Hello
I am currently taking a writing class in school. I've written so much and am passing that class with flying colors but I have lost my ideas. I have writers block. We were assigned to write whatever we want. I can't do the easiest assignment!!! So, I need ideas of things I could write about. I would truly appreciate some ideas.
Jill <3
pitbulls
pitbulls
High Ranking Posters
High Ranking Posters

Female
Number of posts : 5245
Hobbies : dogs and music and my bestest friends!!!
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Back to top Go down

I'm unsure of where to put this Empty Re: I'm unsure of where to put this

Post by The Unnamed Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Write whatever you want? Meaning, any sort of article, essay, poem or story? That would leave a lot of ideas open to me.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by bluewaterlily Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:58 pm

The Unnamed wrote:Write whatever you want? Meaning, any sort of article, essay, poem or story? That would leave a lot of ideas open to me.

What M said is right. Think about what sort of writing you're doing: fiction or non-fiction? Poetry or prose? Think about which one would best show what you're trying to convey. Then, think about whose story or whose ideas you want to convey, as in, a character's life story or your knowledge of dogs. Observe everything you see and ask yourself how the character would react to different things and also look out for incidences or scenarios that would make a good plot. And if you're really stuck...this website has some good idea generators.

Hope I helped. ^^
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bri Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 am

My advice -- DON'T THINK.

Honestly. I've been writing for a long, long time and I don't recommend thinking. I had writer's block for six months once, I'm not joking. You just have to wait until your muse comes around to you. You might want to try roleplaying, that may help. It kind of helped me, for a while. You're writer's block will eventually dissolve.

Your creative juices will most likely start working at an unconventional time, like when you're showering or sleeping or something. Mine always did. Anyway, good luck. Just take some Jill time, and it will probably help. Eventually your thoughts will just kind of slam together and start working. So no worries. I had writer's block for a lengthy period of time, but that doesn't mean that you will.

Anyway. Good luck. :}

Dr. Bri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1590
Hobbies : Living.
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by pitbulls Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm

XD I forgot to post my reply. Thank you guys :) That was very helpful. So I got my Jill time and thought up a story and when I was really into it and had like 3 pages done I realized how innappropriate it was for school XD So I'm just writing that for fun but luckily my writing teacher is very understanding and is giving me time. I actually showed her what I wrote and she said it was good but that she couldn't grade it or let me share it with anyone in school XD Oops. But I do thank you. You guys rock ^-^
pitbulls
pitbulls
High Ranking Posters
High Ranking Posters

Female
Number of posts : 5245
Hobbies : dogs and music and my bestest friends!!!
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bluewaterlily Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:35 pm

pitbulls wrote:I actually showed her what I wrote and she said it was good but that she couldn't grade it or let me share it with anyone in school XD

"All art is immoral." -Oscar Wilde
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum