PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is a relationship to you?

3 posters

Go down

Heart What is a relationship to you?

Post by Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Okay, so I've had exactly the same definition of what a relationship is / should be since I-don't-know-when.

I think a relationship should be a friendship with that extra feeling of connection and commitment - love. A boyfriend or girlfriend should be your best friend. They should be someone you can chill with, stress-free. There shouldn't be all this pressure and complexity. Things should just flow - you're not supposed to have to try to be in love.

When I say that, most of my serial-dater friends say I'm naive - I say they're cynical.

Feel free to comment on my philosophy, share your own, share examples of the types of relationships you've been in - whatever! ^_^
(I'm highly bored, posting any topic I can think of. ^_^; Hehe)
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Female
Number of posts : 62
Location : Amity, IL; Rosetia, British Columbia; Rosetia, IL; somewhere, Scotland; and Mansfield, Washington
Hobbies : Japan , Germany , Latin , Vampires , writing , Psychology , medical studies , culinary arts
Registration date : 2006-11-17

http://www.myspace.com/kurai_k_e

Back to top Go down

Heart Re: What is a relationship to you?

Post by Kristi Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Haha, that's really cool, I kind of agree. I wouldn't date someone that I wasn't already close with. I just feel that closeness on a friendship level should come before closeness on a romantic level. The typical movie scenarios where people meet each other, go on a date, and fall in love all in the same day are riduculous to me.
Kristi
Kristi
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 763
Hobbies : Reading/Tae Bo/P90X/Chillin with friends
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 am

Kristi wrote:The typical movie scenarios where people meet each other, go on a date, and fall in love all in the same day are riduculous to me.

hahaha i used to agree with you untill it happened to me. but the movies show perfect relationships with one hard ship and then tehy live happly ever after. ..... RIGHHHHHHTTT ... sure you have a good time but there's always jelously, not seeing eachother enough, regular everyday problems.

but if you love eachotehr then you just talk to eachother about it and figure it out. you have to talk ... that's the map to a relation ship .. the treasure chest is the happie ending and the key is your love for eachother . you have to get it right or you can't open chest. xD i like metophors.

"Love is a Battlefeild" is almost correct. Love is a bloddy, gorry, disgusting, metoroic, most beautiful thing you will ever know kind of battlefeild. full of other people you need to kill, but with more poeple on your own side. ok i'm stating to mix love in with life. but i guess that's a good thing. love is life ... if you don't have love you don't have a life. what kind of love that is, is up to you but you.

Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru wrote:I think a relationship should be a friendship with that extra feeling of connection and commitment - love. A boyfriend or girlfriend should be your best friend. They should be someone you can chill with, stress-free. There shouldn't be all this pressure and complexity. Things should just flow - you're not supposed to have to try to be in love.

i completly agree with you .... a boyfriend should be your best friend. someone you can talk to with out being judged and just feel comfortable with. no stress. and someone that you don't just talk about s3x with. it should be just a best friend that you're with forever and you like to be with him. trying to be in love is complicatedd xD ... if you're in love you'll ust know it by the way he looks in your eyes, by the way he smiles when you laugh, by the way he holds your hand and puts his arms around you.

the problems make you think that you're not in love anymore. but when you just don't think about it for a while and you do soemthing else and then come back to it randomly things start to get clearer in your head. like if there's a girl who likes your bf and he hangs out with her a lot and he's taking her to some kind of dance and going to her partys it doesn't mean that anyhtings going on. that why i said just talk aobut it. if he loves you you'll know it.

wow i think i'm the altimate love guru xD
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Hobbies : .music♥dace♥peace♥love.
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Wow. You have a lot to say there. o_o;
But, yay! You definitely get what I mean and had spot-on clarification of it. ^_^
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Female
Location : Amity, IL; Rosetia, British Columbia; Rosetia, IL; somewhere, Scotland; and Mansfield, Washington
Hobbies : Japan , Germany , Latin , Vampires , writing , Psychology , medical studies , culinary arts

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 am

haha yeah ... being in a real relationship clears a lot of things up about these kinds of topics xD
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Hobbies : .music♥dace♥peace♥love.
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristi Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Although I've never actually had a relationship, I kind of think you don't have to be in a relationship to know certain things about it if you're an observant person. Sure, you would likely understand it pretty well actually being in a relationship. However, I think whenever I do get a boyfriend I'll probably know how to handle it just for watching other people go through it and having a concept of how a mature relationship should be handled. What do you guys think about the idea that "experience equals good relationships"? Personally, I think experience only equals more relationships.
Kristi
Kristi
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 763
Hobbies : Reading/Tae Bo/P90X/Chillin with friends
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I must agree with you. I wouldn't really say that experience is irrelevant - I mean, if you've got experience with a similar roadblock in a past relationship it could help you to handle it better the second or third time. I will say that just because you don't have experience doesn't necessarily mean you'll not do as well, but in some scenarios experience could be an advantage.
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Kurai-Kokoro-Enjeru
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum