PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.............Cancer.........

2 posters

Go down

Cry .............Cancer.........

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Any ideas on how to cope?

Oh, and it's my g-ma, not me

Last edited by madi923 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Cry Re: .............Cancer.........

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:24 pm

No...I really dont know =/
Im sorry Madi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 pm

My friend says to forget about it, but I don't want to..

Back to top Go down

Post by chelle2010 Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:05 pm

i never really figured that out
I lost my uncle to cancer and my grandfather died from it before i was born
I have actually lost alot of ppl to cancer but those are the only ones in my family (i think)
chelle2010
chelle2010
PACSC Poster
PACSC Poster

Female
Number of posts : 436
Hobbies : computer, hanging w/ my friends, talking about ppl, rating guys, and ppl watching
Registration date : 2008-05-09

http://www.myspace.com/chelle15187

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:19 pm

sorry to hear about that.. what did the doctors say?

Last edited by Adam on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bri Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:25 pm

I'm truly sorry to hear that. This must be very, very hard for you. Cancer is a very scary thing.

The first thing is, find out what kind of cancer it is. Not all cancer is terminal, and sometimes it can be slowed down if it is caught early on. Hopefully, if she has surgery or chemotherapy, it can be caught and she could make a recovery. It's good to get the reality of it so that you know what's going on.

I'm presuming that you are close with your Grandmother. In that case, I suggest that you talk with her, and share your feelings. That's always a good thing. Most likely, she won't want you to be worried about her, because she's a Grandma. I know it's very upsetting, but you want to try and keep your spirits up for your Grandma. I'm not saying hide your feelings, no, of course not, but you will want to talk to your Grandmother, and encourage the fact that she'll get better (If she is able to get better).

As for personally, there are many things you can do. The best thing I would recommend for you to do would be to talk to your Grandmother. Spend time with her, ask her about her feelings. It'll probably make you feel better being able to be close with her, and it'll make her feel better to know that she has someone she can count on.

But the main thing is, talk with your family, and your Grandmother. You'll feel a little better having your family and closest friends around you to have you deal with this.

Everyone handles things differently, and noone knows you better than yourself, so just do whatever you think feels right. If you're into painting, or writing, dancing, singing, video games, cooking, whatever, just do it. Even if you have a best friend to vent to, that works too. Whatever makes you feel good, just do it. It'll help with coping, but it won't be making it seem as if everything is okay if it's not.

I hope everything goes okay with your Grandmother! I hope she recovers, and I hope you feel better. :}
Good luck!

And Adam, don't ask that. It's seriously none of our business.

Dr. Bri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1590
Hobbies : Living.
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks guys, I'll try to hang in there, hopefully she can be healed. She's a survivor of breast cancer and thyroid cancer, so I'm sure liver cancer is no big thing to her. But it's still scary. But yeah, thanks again guys, I needed it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum