PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can you tell me a little bit more about ADD*NOW*PLEASE*

+7
XI_Mr_Pants_IX
The Unnamed
bluewaterlily
Not Taylor
STM - Tigers SC
pitbulls
The Great Escape
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

can you tell me a little bit more about ADD*NOW*PLEASE* - Page 2 Empty Re: can you tell me a little bit more about ADD*NOW*PLEASE*

Post by The Unnamed Tue May 01, 2007 12:12 pm

So do I. Lol, my mom is always telling me to stop pacing when I talk to her. It's really hard to stop, because I pace continiously almost all the time.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Back to top Go down

can you tell me a little bit more about ADD*NOW*PLEASE* - Page 2 Empty Re: can you tell me a little bit more about ADD*NOW*PLEASE*

Post by bluewaterlily Tue May 01, 2007 12:16 pm

The Unnamed wrote:
@ bluewaterlily - "I can concentrate obsessively for hour after hour on something I'm interested in..." Lol, that's actually a symptom of ADD. Sorry, I just had to point that out. I do the same...

Yes, but can you also pay attention to the rest of the world and if called, quickly snap out of zen mode like I can? Very Happy
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Tue May 01, 2007 12:30 pm

if i have anything it's ADD not ADHD ... cause i'm not overly hyper ... but even if i'm reading something that i really like i'll just trail off without realizing it about like if she did this what would happen ... i can't stay focused on anything ... and if you say that meds don't help they do ... because one of my cousins have ADHD and he takes meds and it helps him stay calm
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female
Number of posts : 2363
Hobbies : .music♥dace♥peace♥love.
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Tue May 01, 2007 12:39 pm

I meant medication side-effects.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2007 1:09 pm

ocd.....

Back to top Go down

Post by kiya_sta Tue May 01, 2007 3:11 pm

I know a few people who seem like they have ocd && adhd....I used to think that I had ocd because some things have to be in a certain order for me....somewhat perfect lol

If you think that you have ADD, you should ask your doctor first before you diagnose yourself....maybe it's something else. The internet doesn't always give all the answers. I also think that they run a few tests to diagnose you, so yeah...

kiya_sta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Tue May 01, 2007 3:14 pm

There are no tests (like blood tests, etc) for ADD. So you could diagnose yourself with it just like a doctor does--the only difference is that the doctor may have learned a bit more about it.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiya_sta Tue May 01, 2007 3:20 pm

Oh ok, I just thought that....I wasn't saying like blood tests, but those other tests, like the ones they use to diagnose dyslexics.

kiya_sta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Maybe, but the tests they use for ADD can only suggest that you have ADD/ADHD, they can't prove it.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiya_sta Tue May 01, 2007 7:16 pm

Yeah, I know that....but if your percentage of the test is suggesting that you do have it, more than don't, then you'll know for sure that there's a good possiblity that you do have it.

kiya_sta

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Tue May 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Yeah.

But...
1. Quick money for t3h doctors/government
2. There's also a nice possibility that you're just the type with a "higher level" of this ADD stage thingy
3. Lies! Deception!
4. The world of today is chaotic and messed up!
5. Hippy may actually know more than we think!
6. Disaster!
7. Apocalypse!
8. Drugs don't help!!!11!!1

(SORRY, I'm that type of hippy dude, I guess...) DONE RANTING.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kiya_sta Wed May 02, 2007 1:04 am

hahaha....I agree....It's not that big of a deal if it doesn't affect your daily life in any way....&& if you do go to the doctors, they will get more money and give you meds that you have to pay for...

kiya_sta

Back to top Go down

Post by pitbulls Wed May 02, 2007 7:39 am

LEANA I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok well im suffering from severe mild and those r some of the symptoms that diagnosed me so maybe ur just depressed u nevva no
pitbulls
pitbulls
High Ranking Posters
High Ranking Posters

Female
Number of posts : 5245
Hobbies : dogs and music and my bestest friends!!!
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Wed May 02, 2007 8:47 am

my friend has ocd ... she gets really ticked if something isn't right
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pitbulls Wed May 02, 2007 8:55 am

i have ocd hehe
pitbulls
pitbulls
High Ranking Posters
High Ranking Posters

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Fri May 04, 2007 10:53 am

i rather have add then thinking i'm stupid though ... you know ... i just feel so stupid cause i can't pay attention and i can't learn it cause i don't like it so i rather have add
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by pitbulls Fri May 04, 2007 12:06 pm

i said ur not stupid i think ur just depressed but wat do i no lol
pitbulls
pitbulls
High Ranking Posters
High Ranking Posters

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by limetiger Fri May 04, 2007 12:42 pm

I want to respond but it will take a while for me to respond.
But I just wanted everyone to know that I will.

ADD ahhh the wonderful ADD see i have ADHD and ADD and Bipolar disorder and ok so ADD means attention deficit disorder(sp) it means its hard to focus and mostly ur a procrastinator is wat ive found it makes me very confused and i dont no a bunch of other stuff lol

Not trying to be mean Jill, but ADD is now Diagnosed as ADHD. When they updated how the diagnose it it's put into two categories now. Well actually three.
I forget the exact number but the two types are inattentive and hyperactivity-impulsivity.
Generally people will have some symptoms of one of the categories or might have a combination of both.

well i've read the basics but they all aply ... and i think i may have it ... but i want to know more before i tell my parents cause they won't belive me unless i have some real evadence that i may have it .... and i just want to know more about it .... cause i've always had trouble paying attention in class and sometimes i can't pay attention to someone whos talking to me straight in the eyes ... and i have like short term memory or something ... so i just want to know a little more about it before i go and ask my mom if i can go to the doctors to see if i do have it

Generally someone who sees people with ADHD, Depression, Bipolar, etc. can do a better job diagnosing it, a doctor can to but a lot of older people (preteen to adults) might get it diagnosed by a doctor who focus more in that area. A doctor might not be as aware of other disorders with have the same ways of identification.

ADD is Attention Deficit Disorder, ADHD is Attention Deficit Hyperific disorder

> The new edition of what is used to diagnose now list it as ADHD
It's either ADHD
inattentive and hyperactivity-impulsivity
or a combination of both.

It depends on what your looking for a doctor to do with you with medication.
A doctor may or may not prescribe medication right away.
and a good doctor would check and find out if it wasn't something different which has mock symptoms.

i think that ADD is a state of mind everyone enters at some point in their life. Therefore, its very common. Some people just enter it more than once during their lifetime.

> not really.

Also just in general everyone!!!!!!!
I think she wants to manage the symptoms that keep her from finsing her school work and focusing.

if i have anything it's ADD not ADHD ... cause i'm not overly hyper ... but even if i'm reading something that i really like i'll just trail off without realizing it about like if she did this what would happen ... i can't stay focused on anything ... and if you say that meds don't help they do ... because one of my cousins have ADHD and he takes meds and it helps him stay calm

> It's just called ADHD inattentive type now. I forget the name of the book used to diagnose I will ask someone who would know that sometime.

Also as far as the anti-medication stuff.
Not all medications are more beneficial then the side effects. But people often scare people from getting medications that are actually helpful, and scare people from getting their kids shots.

limetiger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1247
Hobbies : Photography, Food Science, Food Art, Microbiology;
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Fri May 04, 2007 4:56 pm

I probably have ADHD, or a combo of both.

limetiger wrote:i think that ADD is a state of mind everyone enters at some point in their life. Therefore, its very common. Some people just enter it more than once during their lifetime.

> not really.

So you think it's a real health condition?
It might be, but if it is, they're diagnosing too many people, most of which probably don't have it.

limetiger wrote:cause i'm not overly hyper

No, you definitely aren't.

limetiger wrote:Not all medications are more beneficial then the side effects. But people often scare people from getting medications that are actually helpful, and scare people from getting their kids shots.

Lots of medications do more harm then good. Including the "kid shots"...in my view, anyway. Once, when me and my family had gone to a private school, almost the entire school (most of the kids had shots) had caught the cold/flu/something similar, but then our family didn't. We didn't get the shots.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by limetiger Fri May 04, 2007 9:24 pm

I was quoting other people and responding M, some stuff was things people had said before.

Somebody else had wrote they aren't overly hyper, I must have copied it somewhere.

Do I think ADHD exist and it's not just a idea someone made up?
Yes, and I agree people who don't have it may be given the diagnosis.

Also wanted to respond to this:
Lots of medications do more harm then good. Including the "kid shots"...in my view, anyway. Once, when me and my family had gone to a private school, almost the entire school (most of the kids had shots) had caught the cold/flu/something similar, but then our family didn't. We didn't get the shots.

> A case study of one person or family isn't wide enough to determine much of anything. It's true in your case but really doesn't prove much overall.

Also the flu/cold shot isn't necessary or most people.

The shots I'm talking about are the general childhood immunizations.
People get afraid of the side effects and don't give their children the immunizations because they get afraid of the side effects. The illness that these shots treat do not disappear and there are cases where people have had children catch these illnesses that have been treatable for years.
Immunizations have saved thousands of lives and prevented many children from having to go to hospitals and possibly facing death.

limetiger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Fri May 04, 2007 10:57 pm

Oh. Didn't see that. X.x

I feel dumb.

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by limetiger Fri May 04, 2007 11:17 pm

No problem, don't worry about it.

limetiger
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by XI_Mr_Pants_IX Sat May 05, 2007 2:26 am

Mr Pants's Mom wrote:Hey, it only takes a few minutes to get stoned...

O_o
XI_Mr_Pants_IX
XI_Mr_Pants_IX
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 3205
Hobbies : Band
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Escape Sun May 06, 2007 3:12 pm

that has nothing to do about what we're talking about so ... yeah ... but i would more likley have add then adhd cause i'm not hyper unless i'm tired or in a really good mood
The Great Escape
The Great Escape
Veteran
Veteran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Sun May 06, 2007 4:05 pm

The funny thing about my hyperness is that I can switch back and forth between hyper mode and "normal" expressionless mode farely easily. I just have to blink and move my jaw muscles in a certain way, lol. XD

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum