PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Views on Dating?

5 posters

Go down

Views on Dating? Empty Views on Dating?

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Thu May 24, 2007 12:54 pm

What are you views on dating?

My mom has always said that dating is meant for when you are looking for someone to get married too. So she doesnt want me dating bc she doesnt see the point. I mean, I agree with that but at the same time my parents were high school sweethearts. How are you supposed to do that if you cant date in high school? I dont know its hard.

And I dont think that they would care if I dated. I think that the fact of the matter is that they dont want me too. But my cousin just broke up with her boyfriend, and like they knew she had one and they have been supporting her through her break up. So I dont know what they think about it if they are supporting it but then again not supporting it.

I dont need advice on this. I just wanted to open some debate a little I guess. And we needed some new topics so I figured why not one that alot of people have different views on. lol.
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female
Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Back to top Go down

Views on Dating? Empty Re: Views on Dating?

Post by bluewaterlily Thu May 24, 2007 12:58 pm

At this age, I don't see dating as really important. I think that at this age, you should befriend guys first before starting a romantic relationship with any of them. When you're friends with someone, they're more honest and more likely to show you their real self. When guys date, they usually tend to put their best foot forward and hide any problems or personality issues that they might have. So, just being friends is usually the best way to find out what a person is really like before you consider dating them.

But that's just me.
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Thu May 24, 2007 1:02 pm

See I totally agree with that. All the guys that have asked me out(and I said no bc...idk) were some of my best friends. I think that alot of times people marry soon after high school. And most of the time it works out. Thats what my parents did and they have been married for 15 years and have known each other for 19. They never really dated properly. But yeah. Good things can come out of dating in high school. Maybe not all of the time but sometimes.
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristi Sat May 26, 2007 12:11 pm

bluewaterlily wrote:At this age, I don't see dating as really important. I think that at this age, you should befriend guys first before starting a romantic relationship with any of them. When you're friends with someone, they're more honest and more likely to show you their real self. When guys date, they usually tend to put their best foot forward and hide any problems or personality issues that they might have. So, just being friends is usually the best way to find out what a person is really like before you consider dating them.

But that's just me.

I agree, I agree!! Way too many people date way too young. And the sad thing is they think if they start a relationship at like twelve it will actually last. Not gonna happen.. that's just reality. And then when you break up, you're probably going to lose a friend, because really, who stays just friends? Ocassionally people do, but not all that often. And if I'm going to date someone I want them to be a close friend first so I know I can trust them. Personally, I think dating right now would just be a pain. The drama, the heartbreak, blah blah blah.
Kristi
Kristi
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 763
Hobbies : Reading/Tae Bo/P90X/Chillin with friends
Registration date : 2007-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Sat May 26, 2007 3:38 pm

I totally understand where you are coming from Kristi. I just...I actually dont know what I think. lol. idk. and idc anymore. I have almost all the way given up on guys bc they are just guys and guys can just...bleh!
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Tue May 29, 2007 8:46 am

Courtship! in the words of Joshua Harris! have a courtship, and date only if both of you are serious on getting married, but in MY words, Guys are morons! ALL OF THEM!
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 754
Hobbies : Basketball

http://www.myspace.com/hiddenbeauty93

Back to top Go down

Post by Amanda102717 Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 am

Courtship! in the words of Joshua Harris! have a courtship, and date only if both of you are serious on getting married, but in MY words, Guys are morons! ALL OF THEM!
Amanda102717
Amanda102717
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female
Number of posts : 754
Hobbies : Basketball

http://www.myspace.com/hiddenbeauty93

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Tue May 29, 2007 1:21 pm

Amanda102717 wrote:Courtship! in the words of Joshua Harris! have a courtship, and date only if both of you are serious on getting married, but in MY words, Guys are morons! ALL OF THEM!

Haha. I like that alot.
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rallypoo67 Tue May 29, 2007 4:48 pm

I agree with kristi...

Rallypoo67
Veteran
Veteran

Female
Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2006-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristi Tue May 29, 2007 8:45 pm

I agree with Rachel...
Kristi
Kristi
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rallypoo67 Tue May 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Kristi wrote:I agree with Rachel...

I totally agree with that statement....

Rallypoo67
Veteran
Veteran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristi Tue May 29, 2007 8:54 pm

Rallypoo67 wrote:

I totally agree with her agreement of that statement. Ok sorry. I'm done spamming this topic.
Kristi
Kristi
Super Poster
Super Poster

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rallypoo67 Tue May 29, 2007 8:57 pm

Kristi wrote:
Rallypoo67 wrote:

I totally agree with her agreement of that statement. Ok sorry. I'm done spamming this topic.

I completely agree Very Happy

Rallypoo67
Veteran
Veteran

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2007 9:14 am

i think it totally depends on each indivual person's views. for some people they think high school dating should be really serious...for me, i think high school should be less serious for dating, and college dating is a better bet...and then again it depends on the person you're dating too, if you think he's the person meant for you, then that's great. so basically, it depends on a lot of things lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordgurl Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 am

im not aloud to date till im 18.. parents rules.. but i still go out with guys, just not like "dating"...

Fordgurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2007 9:40 am

Fordgurl813 wrote:im not aloud to date till im 18.. parents rules.. but i still go out with guys, just not like "dating"...

yaa i know people who are like "boyfriend and girlfriend", but they're not like "dating", and if they do go out, they like go in groups so it's not really a one-on-one date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordgurl Wed May 30, 2007 9:42 am

yeah, exactly...

Fordgurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2007 11:20 am

see my religion says u shouldnt date till ur 16...
But i mean its really not that BIG of a deal... i dont think its a step to marriage like maybe. But @ our age we most likely wouldnt be thinkin that now... IDK i think parents r a little too protective n stuff n some of them need 2 lay off......
Like mine they say they dont really want me 2 date till im 16, but if they know the guy and his family they r okay with it all

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Wed May 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Fordgurl813 wrote:im not aloud to date till im 18.. parents rules.. but i still go out with guys, just not like "dating"...

I agree with that. Its like going out. Its almost like being really good friends I guess you can say. NOT friends with benefits but friends.

M0rg@n wrote:see my religion says u shouldnt date till ur 16...
But i mean its really not that BIG of a deal... i dont think its a step to marriage like maybe. But @ our age we most likely wouldnt be thinkin that now... IDK i think parents r a little too protective n stuff n some of them need 2 lay off......
Like mine they say they dont really want me 2 date till im 16, but if they know the guy and his family they r okay with it all

I dont think that it is such a big deal either. Right now it is just for fun, I guess. Not like we are all thinking about going off and getting married yet. We are not old enough. My parents said that they dont really want me going out with anyone until I am ready to get married. But my cousin did when she lives with us and they were fine with it. They just wanted to meet the guy and they did. But they never got a chance to meet his family bc it ended too soon, that could be bc they found out too late. lol.
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down