PACSC - PA Charter Schools Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planning a Halloween party- help needed

+4
Tayl
bandbaby
Not Gregory
bluewaterlily
8 posters

Go down

GASP Planning a Halloween party- help needed

Post by bluewaterlily Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:39 pm

Okay, here's the situation: October 31 is on a Friday this year, which means no school the next day. I have never thrown an actual party in my life, let alone a Halloween party, but foolish me already told my friends that I would throw such a party this year. >.<
I have a very small house, but it does have a wooden deck in the back which would be suitable for containing the small number of people I plan to invite. As for theme decorations, I want them to be retroish, sort of like those oldie 40's and 50's ads in BioShock, and I plan to make them myself. It's also how I plan to design the invitations.

But other than those details, I have no idea what activities to hold at such a party. That is, activities that don't involve drugs/alcohol/s*x/anything illegal. x.x

So, that's where you guys come in. Give me some suggestions! =D
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

GASP Re: Planning a Halloween party- help needed

Post by Not Gregory Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 pm

How about as an activity you can actually play Bioshock? :D As for invitations think of something old and witty with a humanistic looking person with cartoony features.
Not Gregory
Not Gregory
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 1904
Hobbies : Being a bum.
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bandbaby Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:49 am

Alanna, you go to public school now, right?

Be VERY VERY careful. If any notion of a party gets out around school, that chances are that it'll get crashed or people will start inviting others. This happens a lot in my school and small houses get attacked with 100+ people, alcohol, and pot.
bandbaby
bandbaby
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female
Number of posts : 1417
Hobbies : Dance [Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Pointe], Life, Fun, Friends
Registration date : 2006-11-08

http://www.myspace.com/daphneclara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayl Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:40 pm

I think that you should consider doing a murder mystery. These are always fun and you can go to the library to pick up books on holiday partys. The after school program that I volunteer at did a haunted house one year and last year they did a murder mystery. Ppl are still talking about it. Start a rumor that your house is haunted that it what my library did and now ppl come in who've seen the teen flyer ask did a man really die in the library.
Your party will be great after you get help to organize it and stuff. Start now and play around with ideas.
Tayl
Tayl
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Female
Number of posts : 52
Hobbies : Acting, Singing, Writing, Hanging out, and of course shopping.
Registration date : 2008-01-16

http://2act.forummaker.com, http://wattalent.ning.com

Back to top Go down

Post by helloimkarleen Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:57 pm

um dancing XD get music. and you gotta a party. or watch scary movies thats what we do. and if its nice out have it in yer yard. or like me in my parking lot xD

helloimkarleen
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Female
Number of posts : 59
Hobbies : noodle dancing?
Registration date : 2008-05-14

http://www.myspace.com/karleenftw

Back to top Go down

Post by bluewaterlily Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Long post ahead....

Gregory wrote:How about as an activity you can actually play Bioshock? :D As for invitations think of something old and witty with a humanistic looking person with cartoony features.
That's just what I thought; I know someone who has a 360 I could borrow and we could just rent the game if he doesn't have it. The cartoony idea is good, too, like the Plasmid ads. I was also thinking along the lines of those musical posters in Fort Frolic.

bandbaby wrote:Be VERY VERY careful. If any notion of a party gets out around school, that chances are that it'll get crashed or people will start inviting others. This happens a lot in my school and small houses get attacked with 100+ people, alcohol, and pot.
Yes, probably 70% of the kids here get drunk on weekends. But not in my circle. Plus, I'm not at all popular outside of the anime/videogame/general nerdiness group at school. They think an Alannian party would involve stuff that they'd think they were too "cool" for and wouldn't dare crash it. =P And if they did, I'm right next to the town firehall, which also has several police cars on duty.

Tayl wrote:I think that you should consider doing a murder mystery.
They did one of those at the Priestley House Museum in my area. I didn't go, though. I'm not sure if I could work that idea into this particular party, but I'll definitely keep it tucked away for future reference. =]

helloimkarleen wrote:um dancing XD get music. and you gotta a party. or watch scary movies thats what we do. and if its nice out have it in yer yard. or like me in my parking lot xD
Dancing. I'm still debating over whether or not to have it, since EVERY teen party has dancing and I hate being cliche. Those otakus/nerds/geeks I mentioned earlier are not exactly the dancing type, either. So, dancing's on the "maybe" list.
Music is a no-brainer. No music, no party. It's just a question of playing theme music (which might bore the crap out of everyone) or letting people bring in their Slipknot CDs (which will probably give the neighbors and cops much grief due to the noise level).
Scary movies would make a nice wind-down/background activity...

Overall, good ideas, everyone. ^^ Thanks for helping this awkward, socially inept, party-challenged girl. =]
bluewaterlily
bluewaterlily
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 3928
Hobbies : Reading, writing, websurfing, drawing, piano, sax, and oboe playing, Art Deco, and ancient Egypt...
Registration date : 2006-11-19

http://tear-of-thoth.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Unnamed Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:17 am

Prank calls. Ask for Adam, or Eve, or your big daddy. {Bioshock stuff, I'm sure Alanna would be able to come up with a lot more.)

*ring ring* "Hello, is Adam there?"
"Adam? Sorry, I think you've got the wrong number."
"Ma'am, do you have Adam?"
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Do you have Adam. Like can I have some please."
"Miss, is this a joke, because if it--"
"I'm THIRSTY. Give me your ADAM."
"-BLAM-!x10 His name isn't Adam, quit messing with me!"
"What? Sicko! I wasn't talking about that. What a sick mind you have."
"..."
".. Who's yo big daddy?"

Whatever. If you're crazy enough. Just make sure you can't be tracked after you hang up. =P

The Unnamed
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 3239
Registration date : 2007-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxCookieMonsterxox Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:40 am

thats a good idea, prank calls, haha.
but make sure that its to people you know, bc me and some friends called the store across the street from my friends house (where we were) and they called the cops, tracked the number (even though we used *67 to make it private) and called my parents! (we were using my cell). And of course my parents told them where we were at, then came, then they threatened to aresst us! All bc the cops in my town have nothing better to do, like they dont feel like busting the drug deals so they bust on the people at the only sober party in oxford.
but anyway, back to what i was going to say until I remembered all that,

just make sure that you *67 whatever number your using, and then call someone that you or someone at the party knows. it works alot better.
xoxCookieMonsterxox
xoxCookieMonsterxox
PACSC Regular
PACSC Regular

Female
Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2006-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Bri Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:57 pm

The Unnamed wrote:Prank calls. Ask for Adam, or Eve, or your big daddy. {Bioshock stuff, I'm sure Alanna would be able to come up with a lot more.)

*ring ring* "Hello, is Adam there?"
"Adam? Sorry, I think you've got the wrong number."
"Ma'am, do you have Adam?"
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Do you have Adam. Like can I have some please."
"Miss, is this a joke, because if it--"
"I'm THIRSTY. Give me your ADAM."
"-BLAM-!x10 His name isn't Adam, quit messing with me!"
"What? Sicko! I wasn't talking about that. What a sick mind you have."
"..."
".. Who's yo big daddy?"

M. You have too much time on your hands. I have to ask - why, and how do you know this, anyway? o.O

And have a costume contest, that could be fun. :] And of course music and dancing is a given. Also, make snacks and all of that fun stuff. Or give everyone glow in the dark necklaces and stuff and turn off all the lights. XDD That would be wickeddd. Sorry, my creative juices are pretty much shot. So whatever you do, have fun. :}

Dr. Bri
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1590
Hobbies : Living.
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down